In Part 1, we talked about the importance of having a goal. A goal without a plan is just a wish. You need to have a solid plan behind the goal to ensure that you are doing the right things necessary to achieve the goal. We have the following plans;
- 5 year plan
- 1 year plan
- 90 day plan
- 30 day plan
We look at the business in the following categories;
- Grow the Business – These are our Sales and Marketing Strategies
- Drive the Economics – These are our Cost Containment and Expense Management Strategies
- Build a High Performing Team – These are our People Strategies
- Make it bETTER – These are our Operational Improvement Strategies
- Create Raving Fans – These are our Customer Strategies
- Invest in the Community – These are our Volunteer and Community Involvement Strategies.
We’ve developed a few key initiative in each category and keep the focus on a few areas each quarter. This allows us to move the business forward while keep production and other aspects moving as well.
Step #1 – Set a Goal
Step #2 – Have a Plan
Stay tuned for Steps #3-#5!